DjangoBooks.com

Favorite "original" jam session tunes?

QuadropentaQuadropenta New England USANew
in Repertoire Posts: 116

Greetings---I'm doing a little more research for a new fakebook...

What are your favorite tunes written by musicians for jamming in a hotclub style? For this discussion, let's narrow it down and not include anything from the "Django Fakebook", Realbook type jazz standards or Django compositions. Anything from between 1920 and 2020 would be good :^) Thanks--Joel

Here are [mostly] originals from a collection of grilles . Does anyone play these?

Dikeno Sinto - Moreno

Hotlips

Notes Noires - R. Nolan

Patchiena - J. Rosenberg

Aurora - Fapy

For Babs - Z.Winterstein

Premier Bal - S. Bechet

Illusionen

Jarden D'Hiver

Claudine - Tordo

El Baile de los Negritos

djazzy

Comments

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

Webster

Sunny-Hebb

Dream of You

Paquito

• QuadropentaQuadropenta New England USANew

Good choices. I'll add "Dominique" by Soeur Sourire ;^)

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

Lolita - Hono W.

Mimosa - (from Bireli's cd Move - Dorado Composer??)

Savoir Vivre - Martin Wiess

@Quadropenta - would love to see a few from your list (moreno's dikeno sinto)!

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Mimosa was composed by Hono Winterstein as well. If you understand French, you can hear him and Bireli discuss it on this clip here. If not, in short, Bireli says it is Hono's composition and Hono says that he named the song after his girl (who was named for the flower).

Bucochrisfargenbbwood_98
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

“Jeeves and Wooster” theme song...

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • TwangTwang New

Made for Wesley Jimmy Rosenberg

Tant Pis Ou Tant Mieux Tchan Tchan Vidal

bbwood_98
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

whoah I never realised how much Jeeves and Wooster theme sound like the verse of Sheik of Araby (if you don't know the verse part, angelo plays it in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxb_Sm05qK0)

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

@Billy_at_WICA - good call! Hono is actually a killer composer, so is Diego Imbert.

Anyone else think some of the 'balkan' triptich from Sebastien Gineaux's Melodie Des Choses would be cool?