DjangoBooks.com

"How High The Moon" with Eva Scholten on vocals

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
in Welcome Posts: 542

Hi all,

Here's a gypsy jazz tribute to the classic 1951 Les Paul and Mary Ford arrangement of "How High The Moon," with the amazing Eva Scholten on multitracked vocals:

I've also posted a transcription of the solo on my Soundslice channel for anybody interested in learning a few licks.

Hope you enjoy —

Adrian

MarkAbillyshakesBucoChristopheCaringtonAzazzellJosechikydjazzywimPetrovrudolfochristand 2 others.

Comments

• nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭

I was just thinking about this the other day, wondering when you were going to release it! ahha Great man!

adrian
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Love it all around. Andrews Sisters vibe on the lyrics. Adrian clones all over the screen. Embedded "soundslice"-esque transcription. Arnoud always looks cool and in the pocket. Well done all!

adrian
  • swiesslerswiessler NorCalNew Dupont MD20,Gibson L5,Bumgarner F hole(DiMauro type)

Great version! If that doesn't brighten your day, you have real problems. Thank you!!!

Bucoadrian

I love it how she was doing different facial expressions during different takes, fun. Awesome video Adrian!

billyshakesadrian
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 959

Fab! Great vocals and perfect accompaniment. Good t osee some folks having FUN with the GJ style, mixing it up with good songs and singers opens up a lot more variety, not just shredding.

So, as that was always one of my faves I can recommend this version too; definitely not GJ (check out his right hand technique) but the mighty Jeff with a multi-tracked Imelda May stick to the original arrangement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAUAAn46ji0

adrian

Fantastic Adrian!

Two criticisms, no echo! And you left out my favourite part at the end, the octave slide.

But I love it. Well done.

• wdickersonwdickerson Austin, TXNew Holo #73

I've been waiting for this for 3 years! It sounds fantastic. Amazing work.