DjangoBooks.com

Don't feed the spammers

wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
edited October 2020 in Welcome Posts: 1,454

Myself or some other mod will delete them when we come across it. They're not gonna read your reply anyway (cos they're bots).

As admin, we can block the spam accounts and delete all their posts in one click - but if other users have replied to the spammers then it's a bit more busy work to go and also remove the replies from the ordinary members to clean up the thread. So, you can just ignore them. Cheers!

jonpowlBucoMichaelHorowitzBillDaCostaWilliamsJojo

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Sorry, Wim!

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Good point, hadn't thought of that.

Thanks.

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Mea culpa... will ignore those @#$&* spammers from now on...

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

zoomtech anyone?

Lesson learned, Wim. Passing it on to newer members.

wim
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited April 2021 Posts: 1,854

Haha! yesterday I used my moderator superpowers to delete a spam posting... and it felt great!

Thank you, Wim Glenn for letting me know this was possible! I was previously unaware!

Now, I look forward to immediately deleting spam whenever possible... spammers beware!

Will

BillDaCostaWilliamswimBucorudolfochristbillyshakes
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."