DjangoBooks.com

some beauties for sale in the upcoming Cannes and Vichy sales

AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.

some vintage beauties for sale in the upcoming Cannes and Vichy sales - view ( & bid, if you dare,) via www.interencheres.com

here's some of the more gypsy-jazz related guitars...

Davoli Wandre:

Rene Gerome:

Carmelo Catania:

Unknown - ("Sonora"??):

Jacques Castellucia:

I've no connection to the sales, though I will happily fly to Cannes for a week if someone else is paying.😉

BucowimBonesBillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 959

Yeah, I caught that too, some nice stuff there, and the estimates are often very low, but that may be just a 'come on'. And yes, the one you identify as a Sonora certainly has the correct tailpiece (unique to Sonora as far as I know) and the headstock shape is the same as the one I had as is the 13th fret joint which some say means it was made by -or more likely at - Busato. I have a liking for those odd Carmelo Catania shapes too; I may have to investigate actual shipping costs because a lot of good gear does sell cheaper in France than elsewhere. There is a nice Patenotte identified as a Paul Beuscher which is normal but the typically Catania style lot #86 claims "made in the Busato workshop"......I don't think so. One has to wonder about the expertise of whoever catalogues these though; another example is a Goldklang lute described as a Goldblank.

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.

Hi Chris, - we're agreed the "Busato" Lot 86 is a regular low-budget made-in-Catania guitar - I was wondering about the 'unknown' Lot 73, though - a cheap Italian bridge, the 'Sonora' treble-clef tailpiece, French Delaruelle tuners, but I don't think I've seen that sound-hole decoration before, I thought it might be a clue to where it was produced.

One day I'll get to that sale in Vichy, they've usually got some gorgeous woodwinds too, like this '40s Selmer Balanced Action tenor in good silver plate. Very tasty, it'll make double or treble the estimate.

Cheers

- Andy-

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

The patenotte is a good deal, so is the gerome. even at 5x what the estimate is those are solid prices. there are a lot of mistakes in the cataloging. . . even on some of the more normal guitar stuff . . . weird.