DjangoBooks.com

Nice Django documentary

MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent
in History Posts: 380

There's a nice documentary on youtube from the "Artists That Changed Music" series on Django. Here's the link below, if anyone wants to check it out. I really enjoyed it & learned a lot.

https://youtu.be/g6KqE_KS6p8

vanmalmsteen

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Yeah, @MikeK . There's more discussion on this earlier post, if you are interested in seeing a few others' thoughts (full disclosure--mine included).

• MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent

Thanks Billy, I must have missed it when Christophe posted it. I apologize for the redundant entry here. One interesting tidbit from the documentary that I didnt know, and as a long time Allman Brothers fan, I feel like I should have known--Dicky Betts wrote Jessica as a tribute to Django. It was even meant to be able to be played with 2 fingers. It proves that time & time again, you never know where Django's influence will pop up.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakesChristopheCarington
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

It is hard to believe in this searchable world of the internet, that little nuggets like the Dickey Betts story still abound, waiting to be uncovered. I remember hearing of Tony Iommi's being influenced by Django when I was much younger. Think I heard of the Betts deal a while ago too. Then again, some of the stories that used to be passed around back then (i.e. the fake origin story of In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins) were just urban legend. It would seem to be easier to parse truth from fiction, but so many of these sites just echo what another site says and thus the urban legends just live in a different way.

MikeK