DjangoBooks.com

Stephane Wrembel Concerts

JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL
edited March 2021 in North America Posts: 261

Stephane has a couple of streamed performances coming up for anyone interested.

The first one is March 18th at 7:30pm EST, tickets can be found here: https://gigs.live/events/night-original-compositions

He will also be livestreaming a recorded performance of Django L'Impressionniste April 22nd, time/location not yet announced.

I've been lucky enough to watch a couple of his streams since Covid hit, and his playing is as good as ever.

BucobillyshakesJim KaznoskyMichaelHorowitzcmcmurphy22rudolfochristBones

Comments

• JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL

It's not too late to grab your ticket if you haven't already. He's done a few Instagram Live sessions from the material, and it looks like the show Thursday evening is going to be a lot of fun!

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator

I still listen to his "Live At Birkfest (2002)" recording a lot. Has a neat song on there: Bluma Swing

JSanta

More exciting news, his transcription book of Django L'Impressionniste is finally available to order!

https://stephanewrembel.bandcamp.com/merch/django-limpressionniste-book

Bucodjangologycmcmurphy22Josechiky
    edited April 2021 Posts: 261

Teaser video has been posted! I can't wait to hear this album performed live.

Tickets are available at https://gigs.live/events/night-original-compositions

Buco

This would be cool to watch. I picked up a vinyl from him just barely prior to the virus during the Baltimore Django fest where he played in February '20. I asked how much for the vinyl and he replied $40 and I think my eyes went a little wider and he was like "man it took me several years to get this done and there are 17 songs on it" and of course I handed over the $. Worth every penny and I said this before but he's done a favor to music by putting this out there.

JSanta
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Django L'Impressionniste is a masterpiece, and I don't say that lightly.

Buco

It so is. Ironically it's coming from the guy who spent good chunk of his professional carrier doing his best not to be another Django clone.

JSantarudolfochrist
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Quick bump for a fantastic show this evening. And if you can't make it tonight, it's available to stream for a week after the initial broadcast!

• ereitmanereitman New

Too bad! I was not able to see it. I'll just wait for another live streaming.

Denticare