DjangoBooks.com

Gyspy Jazz Transcription Youtube Channel

Hello guys !

If you're interested in gypsy jazz transcriptions of popular or rare songs, maybe you'll like my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQSomsjD74Fgtq1wSgthXDw

I'm trying to make a new transcription per week. I try to make them as precise as possible. It's a lot of time but i like to do it so i hope you will enjoy them ;)

If you want to support me, i've just opened a Patreon page where you can get access of all my PDFs library, the new transcriptions and some extra contents for a modest contribution. Thanks for that !

BillDaCostaWilliamsrudolfochristwimvanmalmsteenKlausUS

Comments

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Good choice of less common gj songs.

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso

Hey, I'd encourage you to put these on Soundslice — it's a lot easier to learn from than static sheet music pasted into a YouTube video. See Lars Petzold's channel or Denis Chang's channel for examples. You could also use Soundslice to generate your YouTube videos in the first place (like Gilles Rea does); it would likely save you time.

Adrian

rudolfochristAzazzellnomadgtr
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

Hey Valentin, these are good quality transcriptions and the website is well made too. Great work!

Le Vieux Tsigane is a favorite. Thanks for sharing

• Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments.

Yeah Adrian i know about Soundslice, i'm not sure yet, i have my youtube channel, my facebook page, my instagram, my wordpress, my patreon... i don't know if i want a new thing to care and i am a PDFs lover ;) personally i prefer to have a PDF with the music than a tiny score system with the line to tell me where i have to put my eyes on. You can print the PDF or if you have a big screen display two pages. I dont really like the soundslice system, there is a kind of overdose of transcriptions with 10 sec of a solo, a part of another one.. i like to transcribe entire song. Maybe i'm wrong ! it's just a discussion, tell me what do you think ! If a lot of people ask me for Soundslice i will do it !

I don't neither how it's work to sell the score, the price margin they take ? do you have some informations about that ?

Thanks !

• AzazzellAzazzell CanadaNew
    edited November 2020 Posts: 174

+1 for Soundslice and transcriptions like Martin Gioani's

• ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

@vv_trans_library oof, copyright. @adrian may know more about this, but below is my basic understanding of print rights.

So for Print Rights for selling your transcriptions is similar to sync rights in that you have to negotiate directly with the copyright holder, prices vary, and so do length of terms (how long you can make money by selling it). I believe most publishers hold the copyright, and ask for a percentage of total revenue generated but with a minimum attached. You pay these as you sell.

For example, you sell your transcription of Tchan Tchou Vidal's Shiek of Araby. If Shiek of Araby isn't in public domain IN ALL COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD you need to negotiate a price with the copyright holder within each country. In the US, probably close to 20%, so if you sell it for $5, they get $1. This percentage varies in all countries. But you also need to make them at least $200 in the next 3 years before they'll even spend the time of day to write up a contract, so you have to pre-pay this $200 for the first 200 copies.

Does everyone do this? No, the internet is big, and you're a small fish. But violating copyright can lead to lawsuits and having your content shut down (youtube channel, website, etc.).

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

there is a kind of overdose of transcriptions with 10 sec of a solo, a part of another one.. i like to transcribe entire song.

The soundslice UI is unmatched, compared to PDFs that's chalk and cheese. And just because hobbyist and amateur users do those short licks or solos, it doesn't mean you have to. In my exprience the lessons and the store have the more high quality and professional content https://www.soundslice.com/store/

I can certainly understand you have already a lot invested in your own pages and channels, though!

nomadgtr
  • Thanks all for your answers.

Yes i will open a Soundslice account and upload my transcriptions there, but only Packs (when i have them). I will keep you in touch ;)

• Hi!

Soundslice support is available for all my transcriptions in Patreon ;)

Have fun !

https://www.patreon.com/vv_transcriptionslibrary

Bucowim
  • asd123321asd123321 ✭✭✭✭

2 Django tunes of interest that I don't find being done are Vous et Moi and the second take of

Twelve Year .