DjangoBooks.com

Shelley Park Montmarte #250 from 2011 for sale

A torn right rotator cuff has made it impossible for me to play my lovely Shelley Parke Montmarte guitar that is now a decade old and sounds lovely. I have an Encore that she will make a little thinner and less tall on the bout as well on order, and the sale of this guitar will go towards the new one. In my opinion she makes the best sounding Django Jazz guitars on the planet.

This one features Bearclaw Spruce, East Indian Rosewood Back and Sides, Amboyna Burl veneer and insert, and has a Bigtone pickup. The only scratches are from when one of the big names in this music tried it out. The scale length is 660mm with her narrowest neck width (I requested this for my small hands). Back and sides are solid wood, not veneer. The hard shell case unfortunately has one of the buckles broken but that is not a problem. The guitar has been well stored well in a maritime climate (near Seattle). I paid $4300 for it originally. Now such a guitar would be around $5300 as she raised her prices recently. Included will be the allen wrench one uses to adjust the truss rod.

I am offering it for $3500 or best offer, plus shipping, US only. If you are in the Seattle area and want to try it that can be arranged (we are fully vaccinated). I can ship it as well fully insured and well packed, via UPS.

Here is a photo from when Shelley just finished it, a photo of the guitar in the case and its label.

Casey Burns in Kingston Washington

Comments

• TDogTDog Victoria, BCNew Shelley Park Montmartre; Cigano GJ 5

I have Montmartre #269, these are great guitars!

• cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭

Original post now has a few pictures. Been busy here!

Casey

• cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭

Has been sold!!!

billyshakes