DjangoBooks.com

Scratched guitar

I recently bought a dupont from here and I noticed a hair about an inch long under the finish. I tried removing it and now there's a scratch. Does anyone know how to repair a scratch? It is driving me crazy just looking at it since I paid a lot of money for it. Also, what kind of finish does Dupont use so I can tell a repair shop?

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator

@addesij sorry to hear about the scratch on your guitar. Your Dupont has a satin finish which is very light so it’s pretty easy to scratch. Likely there’s not much you can do to repair a scratch but I can ask our tech and see what he says.

• BonesBones Moderator

Haha, got ur first scratch. Now you don't have to worry about it. Should have left Dupont's hair in there for mojo ;-)

DeuxDoigts_TonnerrebillyshakeswimBillDaCostaWilliams
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

And while we are at it, can someone please explain what is 'mojo'? Especially relating to guitars. It seems to be some indefinable BS that is often attached to guitars for sale that came in to use around the time that 'relicing' also became a thing.

How do we know it when we see it? And how is it quantifiable? Does anyone sell it so I can add a mojo to any of my guitars? Or do we believe the fairy-tales that it has to be earned the hard way, by blood and sweat in smoky dives (preferably run by Baro Ferret) or touched by Son House? Has anybody found an Asian made guitar with mojo? Any clues?

billyshakes
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Has anybody found an Asian made guitar with mojo? Any clues?

Check out this Art Deco cutie... I bought mine for under a thousand bucks Canadian and I love it...

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Nice, I have one similar, a black EXL-1, except it is from the cheaper 'Premier' range.

Nice big archtop for the money, I use it to play easy listening 'elevator' music as my alter-ego Otis Schindler !

Otis Schindler! heh!

Post-COVID, I’m considering buying myself another D’Angelico EXL-1 in white this time, to match my white hair...

... and also a white car, a white suit, and a white Roland cube amp...

...so then I would show up for gigs as my alter ego..

“THE MAN FROM GLAD... PAUL WHITE MAN!”

billyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsBuco
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

@Lango-Django I'm picturing you somewhat like this...

BillDaCostaWilliams
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

I use it to play easy listening 'elevator' music as my alter-ego Otis Schindler !

Must give the audience quite a lift.

billyshakesBucoLango-DjangorudolfochristChrisMartinnomadgtr
  • BonesBones Moderator

Ha Chris, re: "mojo" I was just joking. no clue.

BucoJSantabillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsnomadgtrBones