DjangoBooks.com

Dorado Schmitt playing Rodrigo Shopis Dhole @ Lincoln Center

Dorado fell in love with this guitar and played it at Lincoln Center. Here is a link to some
pics and a short movie clip... http://www.rodrigoshopis.com/dorado.html
charlie

Comments

• aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    congrats to rodrigo. i've played that d-hole, it rocks. couldn't get the video to open.
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    try http://www.rodrigoshopis.com/dorado.mov
    forget it if you don't have high speed though...
    charlie
  • poboxnycpoboxnyc New YorkNew
    congrats to rodrigo. i've played that d-hole, it rocks. couldn't get the video to open.

I was also at the concert at Lincoln center when they announced that Dorado was playing a Rodrigo Shopis guitar. I definitely loved the sound coming out of it. I'm considering getting either his 14 fret D hole or oval as my first gypsy guitar. Do I deserve this as a first gypsy guitar? No. There is however the pleasure of owning and playing a beautifully made instrument. Considering the price at the moment, about $2700.00 if I remember, these guitars are a deal.

It's hard to be satisfied with the upper end Gitanes when you play one of his guitars and it's really not that much more money when you consider you'll probably keep this for the rest of you life or sell it for a profit if you quit playing. It cost way less than food for the year is how I justify it.( It sure cost less than my computer system and periferals.) The quality and sound from his guitars are just spectacular, not to mention his attention to detail. He is obsesssed with making as perfect a guitar as he can and extremely knowledgable about the gypsy music and tradition. The prices of these guitars can only go up as he gets more recognition. I noticed one of his spanish guitars is selling on the web for $10,000.00.

He is a real artist-- modest, doesn't advertise and definitely deserves the recognition.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    They are great sounding guitars...I had a chance to play two at Django in June, and both made me sound and play better than usual. My only regret was not getting to play them more-they were popular enough that he took one away from me so someone else could play it!

Best,
    Jack.
  • NewcastleBudNewcastleBud Erstwhile✭✭✭✭
    What guitar was Tchavalo playing at the Lincoln center? Was from the same maker? It sounded great!
    I think, therefore I am......I think.