DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz Jam in Los Angeles Area

2»

Comments

Theatre Raymond Kabbaz is proud to present the first edition of the Los Angeles ‪Django Reinhardt‬‬‬‬‬‬‬ Festival on Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18, 2017.

Celebrating the music of legendary Gypsy guitarist ‪Django Reinhardt.

Festival includes Master Classes, Film Screening, Lecture, Alfresco Open-Jam, Guitar Displays and Vendors, Live Concerts and All-Star Finale Performance.‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

Our headliner is Yorgui Loeffler, French Manouche guitarist in the style of Django, and rounding out the bill (also from France) are Samy Daussat, Noé Reinhardt, Frank Anastasio, Aurore Voilqué, Claudius Dupont, and LA-based band Trio Dinicu.

Schedule and tickets (one-day pass & pass for the whole festival available) on our website : http://www.theatreraymondkabbaz.com/2016/01/26/los-angeles-django-reinhardt-festival/

Buco
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    @PierreLeloup Awesome lineup, but that's a really strange choice of date because it's conflicting with Django in June
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017 Posts: 872
    The Idiomatiques (band I am in) are proud to mention they will be the house jam band on Saturday the 17th! (just added). The band just got finished recording on the new BoyzIIMen's upcoming album (I know not gypsy Jazz but it's a good credit).
  • RichWinerRichWiner New
    I live in Woodland Hills and am always up for jamming. I would especially love to jam with an upright bass player. I'm advanced in terms of years of experience but I'm new to Gypsy Jazz. I enjoy playing a combination of Real Book tunes, old swing standards, and Gypsy Jazz classics.

Rich Winer
    [email protected]

Hey all, old thread but I'm in LA from time to time (from Berkeley) and would love to play with some intermediate players. If anyone is around the weekend of May 21 lmk. I'll be staying in Hollywood.

I am in LA and interested in joining a trio of beginners/intermediate guitar players.

• tnhughestnhughes San Diego, CA, USANew Stringphonic 503 Advanced

There is a Jam once a month a little south in San Diego. Usually the 2nd Saturday. One of the local musician/instructors, Jon Garner, runs it, if you wanted to drive a little way.

• scotty577scotty577 New

Hey gagarenaza is that an old post about jamming with a trio. I am an intermediate gypsy player but an experienced guitar player in terms of rock blues etc. I live near Pasadena ca

surgical
  • surgicalsurgical New

Hey Scotty, or anyone reading this. I am in San Dimas, am willing to travel, but I am down to jam. 626-826-1942 ian text me say you’re from the forum! Cheers!