DjangoBooks.com

Bass lines for "Sweet Georgia Brown"

AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
edited February 2005 in Bass Posts: 277
Here's the first chorus from the "Sweet and Lowdown" soundtrack -- all save the last measure, which I've changed to lead back to the tonic by step (in the recording, that last measure stops cold on the one to enter a stop-time section). This is all simple effectiveness, with a few deft touches here and there.

bass1lk7.gif

Cheers,
Ando

Comments

• AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
    edited December 2006 Posts: 277
    Here's a hip chorus (I wish I knew who played it!) from an old LP called "Les Lilas" by the great Parisian guitarist, Henri Crolla. This one is much more chromatic, using neighbor tones on downbeats to lead into chord tones.

basssgb2dj0.gif

Cheers,
    Ando
    Ah, I see the bassist was none other than Emmanuel Soudieux. It figures!
  • HawkeyeHawkeye New
    Ahh a small oasis for my limited but enthused bass playing.Hi to everyone concerned.Thanks for posting these up Ando..much appreciated.I've been noodling around with the bass for a year and less the occassional dread of the physical encounter and wrestle with the thing I'm really enjoying it. Question . The sweet and lowdown sweet georgia brown track I'm hearing in Ab :? are my ears playing me up as usual ? Thanks in advance.Regards Paul
    Hey Hawkeye, you may be right -- I usually play it in G, so I may have transposed the whole thing down a step. So either it's your ears or my laziness. Always bet on the latter. :-)

Cheers,
    Ando