DjangoBooks.com

Dress Like Django

ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
in History Posts: 346

Here’s a question for all you all you guys unafraid to flash a little Django style while playing a gig. Now that I’m out and about playing a bit more, I’m leaning toward upgrading the duds a bit. Last week, I went full Django: white shirt, French cuffs and fleur de Lis links, red tie, cream jacket, dark green slacks, two tone tan shoes. A little over the top, maybe, but when I crossed my right leg over my left, propped up my guitar, and started the intro to “J’attendrais,” I could not have felt more relaxed.

I’m never going to outshine Duved in a fashion show, that’s for sure, but I’ve been looking for some resources on the whole gypsy neck scarf thing, for example, and coming up dry. It’s a bit more casual look, but still looks good with a jacket.

Any of you manly men experiment with any of these ideas? I’d love to hear about it.

BucoDoubleWhiskyBillDaCostaWilliamsrudolfochristtnhughes

Comments