DjangoBooks.com

Bobby Falta & Coco Briaval

CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
edited September 2006 in History Posts: 271
Anyone have any biographical information or thoughts on these two guitarists?

Comments

• stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    Cuimean wrote:

I don't know Bobbys playing or biog--i've heard good things about him though
    i have several Coco vinyls however-for some reason they are relatively easy to find in London....btw an incredible place for 2nd hand vinyl.....

His work has a certain 'kitsch'value like Maurice ferret and Pouville--but imo opinion like them it is pretty 2nd rate--lame rhythm sections and crap soloing
    The best thing about them is the evocative LP covers :-)
    Stu
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    Cuimean wrote:

Bobby Falta was born 1941 in Salzburg (Austria). He played solo guitar in the band of Schnuckenack Reinhardt in the late 60´s. Then he was replaced by Häns´che Weiß until 1972. After Häns´che left the Schnuckenack Reinhardt Quintet, Bobby went back to Schnuckenack until about 1975.

Best regards

Barengero
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    stubla wrote:
    [

His work has a certain 'kitsch'value like Maurice ferret and Pouville--but imo opinion like them it is pretty 2nd rate--lame rhythm sections and crap soloing

I can only hope that you mistyped Stu, and that you are not describing Maurice and Joseph's playing in the above quotation. If not then I don't know what to say - I guess you just don't "get" the old-school Parisian players. The beauty and feeling of their playing is virtually unmatched today.
  • scotscot Virtuoso
    I'm 100% with you, Nick. Maurice and Joseph played at the same place in Place du Tertre for nearly 30 years and knew hundreds if not thousands of tunes. They did not play like the modern guys, but that certainly doesn't mean they were "2nd rate" or kitschy.

Bobby Falta also played with Joseph Reinhardt in the 60s. He gave a long interview to Hot Club News a few years ago but I can't read German so I don't know what he said...
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    Hi,

here you find a crunchy video with amazing singer Dunja Blum and Bobby Falta on guitar:

http://media.putfile.com/Dunja-Blum--Bobby-Falta

Best,
    Barengero