DjangoBooks.com

AJL Quiet and Portable owners

2»

Comments

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭

One thing I found as far as the stimer type pickups go is my Kleio 47 clip doesn't really "stretch" enough to clip on the thickness of the the AJL portable. It don't want to break the Kleio clip trying to push it too far.

• flacoflaco Shelley Park #151, AJL Quiet and Portable

I have the Kleio and I had that issue. I can’t just clip it on. I have to use something to help open the clip so it will slide on properly. But it works fine, no issues hurting the clip or anything.

• Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque

ive had mine second hand for a number of years. It’s great!

https://youtu.be/y8S3YulyRG8?si=XklVwOH83rnqJBq6

JSanta
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL

Your videos helped me make my decision to purchase one, thank you!!

Micky Dunne

Ari's ears are ringing, someone tell him it's not tinnitus.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar

One more thing: I too found it a little difficult to have direct and timely communication with luthier and it did take quite a long time. However, he did create a modification I asked for. I asked him to add a little more wood and smooth the angle to the upper bout edge so as to make the resting of my inner forearm not so painful on a hard edge. He agreed and there was no extra charge.

Buco

That's a pretty cool touch about the armrest @Chiefbigeasy . They're really like pieces of art, an amazingly thoughtful design.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL

They really are a great design. I am really happy with mine, even with the communication issues that have been discussed here.

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Totally agree about the thoughtful design. When I saw this part of his clip (cued) showing it come apart and nesting into the custom case, I was impressed with the thought put into it.

Buco

I have one on order! ETA Sept. for travel I own and also burn through Traveler escape guitars. Mark 2 or 3. I have noticed with D’addy Gypsy strings it does what I need unplugged. They slip under the airplane seat diagonally but I am only 5’7. Might be cramped for some. Looking forward to mine as an alternate for hotel rooms and quiet all day playing. I have noticed that the amount of repetitive practice this genre takes you can drive the family insane with a full size DuPont kicking all day.

JSanta