DjangoBooks.com

New Dell Arte guitars?

MinorBluesMinorBlues New York✭✭✭
So what is the deal here? Are they called "Music Link Dell Arte" now or something of that sort? Or is that just the name of who is making them? Does this mean their guitars are being made only in the USA now? I saw a website showing a "Dell Arte Selmer" with a company name "The Music Link".

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    According to Alain, they are "designed by us at Dell'Arte and we supplied the prototypes made in our shop, the specs, the materials and a very strict quality control (very, very strict) The result is scary they look and sound like our guitars at a much [more] reasonable price."

In case you're thinking about buying one, I understand that once the ones on his site are gone, he won't have more available until the end of January or so. I'll be interested to hear these when they're out in the world-it could be a really great new guitar for the cost!

What I'm not clear about is where the guitars are made. The Music Link site says:

The Music Link is a wholesale manufacturer and distributor of musical instruments.

Since 1997, The Music Link has established itself as a premier distributor of instruments nationwide. What began as a small operation in a garage in Brisbane, CA has developed into a massive musical instrument corporation with warehouses on both sides of the U.S.

So it has warehouses in the US, but doesn't mention where the instruments are made. I'm assuming that for the prices seen on Alain's site they're made overseas. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it would be good to know what else has been built by the same people.

For more about Music Link & Dell Arte's connection, look here:
    http://www.themusiclink.net/Dell-Arte-G ... 299.0.html

Best,
    Jack.
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    They're made in a Mexican sweatshop now, like before. If you look on the inside next to the label, sometimes you can see a scrawled message in a child's hand, "Please help....Juan..."

Just kidding.
  • pmh425pmh425 Middle Island, NY✭✭✭✭
    According the the **** site, there a couple of the prototypes still left for sale. An Angelo DeBarre model (Favino size) and a new Pigalle (Selmer Size). Take a look.

http://www.****/test.php?catid=5&pid=1513
    http://www.****/test.php?catid=5&pid=1522
    -Peter
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    The Music Link instruments are made in China....we'll have them in stock next year.

I tried a few at the Djangofest...very nice for the price. I don't think they're as good as the US made Dell Artes...but pretty darned good!

'm
  • BohemianBohemian State of Jefferson✭✭✭✭
    According to Alain.. the price will be lower when they are introduced in Jan
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Bohemian wrote:
    According to Alain.. the price will be lower when they are introduced in Jan

True...what I've been told is that the Hommage will go for about US$1000, give or take. I've been in touch with Alain about reviewing the production models for Djangology.net; I'll be sure to post when they arrive. In the meantime, a friend of mine is in the process of purchasing the Nolan model on Alain's site, so that might give us an idea of what to look forward to.

On a related note, I wonder if anyone here is the person that bought the Music Link Hommage prototype that was listed there? If so, let us know how it sounds...

Best,
    Jack.
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    I played the 14 Dhole Hommage at DFNW. I didn't realize until the final night that it was made in China. I asked Alain how production was coming along and he said, "you tell me. That guitar you've been playing all weekend is one".

I couldn't find a flaw. I thought it was one of JK's guitars. It was extremely well-crafted, beautiful woods, nice tuners, light in hand.

I would say the say about the Debarre and the Nolan.

After I found out that it was made in China and was retailing at that price I felt ill. Shoulda bought it at DFNW. I know AC is very supportive of the industry and other luthiers, but I think these guitars will give serious competition to some of the other brands.

cheers

Wayne Nakamura