DjangoBooks.com

Menilmontant

ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Repertoire Posts: 296
Does anyone know if there is a good transcription of the song Menilmontant anywhere (maybe just the melody as I do not need chord charts)? I see that the following book has one, so does anyone know if it contains a quality transcription of Django's version or just the basics of the song (ie. head, outro, etc.)?
manouche_swing.jpeg

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi....this book has just the basic version.
  • François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Hi Shawn,

Before it was played by Django Reinhardt, 'Ménilmontant' was a song by Charles Trénet. I don't know of any transcription of DR solo. But I have the music sheet of the original song. I will attach a .mp3 of the song.
    By the way you don't indicate which DR version of Ménilmontant you are looking for (the Rome sessions I guess).

I hope this helps

Best regards

François RAVEZ
  • ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much Francois Ravez, at least I now have the melody to this song. I have been looking for this for a long time...I appreciate it very very much! :D This helps quite a bit.
  • ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    I finally decided to do a transcription of Django's solo on Menilmontant from Djangology '49. It's going to be quite a rough copy (ie. not 100% accurate I am sure). I am doing it in powertab format so anyone can manipulate it, and I was wondering if anyone would like to review it and make any changes to get the transcription as accurate as possible? Maybe a sort of group collaborative effort.

Any takers? I am about half way through with the solo as of now.
  • angareskeroangareskero Monastère sur-Eau✭✭✭
    hello, here's a leadsheet in Django's key.
    Enjoy
  • Carlo GentenaarCarlo Gentenaar The Netherlands✭✭ John Le Voi
    Here's my transcription of Django's solo on Menilmontant (Rome '49).
    Joli Gadjo