DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    Michael,

What are the differences between the various Favino style models? Just curious.

-Paul
    Reject the null hypothesis.
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Michael, are all these guitars built by a different company for Dell Arte?? Does Dell Arte still make anything else in house??
    Thanks
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    edited January 2007 Posts: 6,152
    These guitars are made in China by Music Link. The domestic Dell Arte shop is gearing down production. It will be more of a boutique shop, only producing the highest quality instruments. Prices are going up on the domestically made ones. That's good news for those of you who own Dell Artes....they should appreciate nicely since they'll now be a lot rarer and collectible.

I've only played a few of the prototypes briefly. My first impression was very good...they seem to be doing a good job of replicating the domestic ones. We'll have to wait and see what the actual production ones are like. But with the Dell Arte guys advising them, I'm sure they'll be pretty good. Especially for the price. Andreas actually did the Djangofest NW shows with the Angelo Debarre model. He seemed to like it...

Until we get some in, I can't comment too much on the differences of these models. Interestingly, three of them are Favino style. Probably for two reasons. 1) No one else is currently making an entry level Favino. 2) Dell Arte's best selling guitar is the Homage (and it's spin offs like the Nolan and Rosenberg models). Dell Arte is just good at making Favino style guitars.

Interestingly, the Debarre model is a Favino style. I thought that was a little strange because he almost always plays Selmer style guitars. But he did use an Homage on the Djangofest DVD and recorded Entre Amis with it. But other then that, he's a Selmer guy. The main feature of the Debarre model seems to be the Maple back and sides.

I'm guessing the signature guitars have better woods and hardware. I'll try to find out more.

'm
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Hooray for me I have Hommage #941 dated Annee 03/04. Although I have no intrest in selling it.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • SeamusSeamus easthampton, maNew
    Word from Alain is that the Debarre model is a replica in the Jacques Favino style, whereas the Nolan model is Jacques Favino size, but with Jean-Pierre style bracing (five versus four braces).
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    What was Angelo playing in the DFNW DVD? I don't think it had a visible logo, but it did have a Favino-style 3-piece maple neck.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly, the Debarre model is a Favino style...But he did use an Homage on the Djangofest DVD and recorded Entre Amis with it.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    sockeye wrote:
    What was Angelo playing in the DFNW DVD? I don't think it had a visible logo, but it did have a Favino-style 3-piece maple neck.

As Jack quoted, it was an Homage.

'm
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Sorry, I need to learn to read more carefully!!
  • Bill McNeillBill McNeill Seattle, Washington, USANew
    What's the difference between a "Favino style" guitar and a "Selmer style" one?