DjangoBooks.com

the ULTIMATE selmer modification

V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
This made me cringe more than any other video in recent memory:

I strangely want to dig up my old effects pedalboard and marshall half-stack now.

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    I'm speechless.

That type and amount of damage to the guitar was completely unnecessary.

Robin, you need a new guitar tech.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
    Wow, I wonder if he could have found an uglier pick-up to put on that guitar.
  • DiggerDigger New
    Bob Holo wrote:
    I'm speechless.

I managed 'f**k me'.

About six times.
  • djadamdjadam Boulder, CONew
    :shock: -> :x -> :? -> :cry:
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    Hmmmm... I would have, and did, do it differently. But... whatever works I guess.

Link: viewtopic.php?t=2697

Josh
  • Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    That is excatly what You Tube was made for........................superb!
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    WOW! Seems like there would be an easier way to do that, but like Josh said whatever works I guess. Maybe Robin really likes that Humbucker. It didn't really look all that bad after it was done. I wouldn't have used that strat knob, but thats just aesthetics really.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • DiggerDigger New
    Josh Hegg wrote:
    Hmmmm..... whatever works I guess.

.......but drilling through the rosette and top like that. Big time irreversible, I'd say.
  • Ken BloomKen Bloom Pilot Mountain, North CarolinaNew
    I have to say that watching this was not pleasant. There are so many other ways to do this. For my guitar I got a single coil 7 string pickup and basically made my version of a Stimer. It has a wood mount that I can put in or take out without harmoing the guitar. I put the output and the volume knob in a littel brass box I made that slips onto the tailpiece. I could have done the same thing with a humbucker but I wanted that extra bit of edge that I get with a single coil pickup. Played through my old Ampeg ReverboRocket it sounds really nice.
    Ken Bloom
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Remind me to NEVER let Robin borrow my Favino... :shock:

Actually, when Robin was here in Seattle in January he borrowed Neil Andersson's Shelley Park guitar which was fitted with a humbucker. He sounded great on it and decided he wanted one of his own. Hence the disturbing video above.

Robin injured his right hand about a year ago. Since his recovery he seems to prefer electrics, probably because they're easier on his hands.

'm