DjangoBooks.com

Private Message Question (O.T.)

pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
edited February 2005 in Welcome Posts: 245
Can anyone tell me when private messages actually move from the "outbox" to the "sentbox?" I sent Jack a private message 2 days ago, but it is still in my outbox. Sorry for the off-topic post.

-Paul
Reject the null hypothesis.

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Good Question....I sent Jack a PM and it also got stuck in outbox purgatory. Jack, do you have some weird setting for PM? I've sent PMs to other folks without having this problem.

'm
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hi, guys.

I think I've got it settled-I just hadn't added the site to my 'Allow Pop-ups' list (in Firefox), so I didn't know anyone had written. I'd gotten used to the UK site's setup where the notice is integrated into the forum page. Thanks for the heads up.

Best,
    Jack.
  • pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    Michael,

I sent you a private message yesterday, but it's just sitting in my outbox gathering dust, instead of being in my "sent" box. I'm not sure how this works still.

-Paul
    that's funny.....i actually got a message that you had sent one but there was no message,

i've used the pm function extensively without any problems. i'm not sure why it didn't work that time.

'm
  • pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    Since it really wasn't all that private, I'll just post it here:

Have you heard of, or tried, Manouche Tone strings? They're made by the Guadalupe String Company ( http://www.guadalupecustomstrings.com/ ). I just started using them and they seem very good. They're a little crisper (for lack of a better word) than the Argentines, but still flexible. They're not cheap though. Still, they might be worth looking into.

-Paul
    I contacted them...never got a reponse. You could suggest to them that I could sell them. My guess is that they only want to sell direct.

'm