DjangoBooks.com

Music Link Dell Arte Guitars

MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
A lot of people have been asking about these....I attached the new catalog which has more photos and info.

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    I notice that the delivery estimate on these has gone from late Feb to early April to May...does anyone have the scuttlebutt? I'm just wondering if there's been any sort of production snafu or quality control issues...

best,
    Jack.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    It's not a quality issue to my knowledge....just the usual import hassles. They have to move through customs and also have some post production set up work done. But they're promising they'll be here soon.

Fingers crossed,

'm
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Turns out that Music Link was having some problems with the tuners. They've given up on the current ones and are switching to a different manufacturer.

Unfortunately this will push the date back further. They don't have an ETA, but it sounds like they won't make their May deadline either. I should have more details soon.

For those of you waiting, I apologize. They originally promised delivery in February, but keep having delays.

-Michael
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    They're now listed as 'ETA Unknown'...it's too bad-it seems like they've been really bad about communicating with their dealers, and my own emails to them have been ignored.

I've had one on order for months, but might bail out if someone's got something of interest in the $1000-1500 range...anyone? I've held on because I'd really like to own a Favino-style instrument, but Music Link's repeated delays are pretty troubling.

best,
    Jack.
  • conradconrad Toronto, CanadaNew
    Hi, Jack. I have one on order, too. I just talked to my retailer today, and he had recently received an email informing him that they're aiming at late September now. Actually, he explained to me that 6-8 months is the typical delay for Chinese manufactured instruments when it comes to ironing out minor details. I don't know what to make of it all myself, but I'm still hopeful for a little while longer and still excited about these instruments. I will try to keep you appraised the more I hear.

-Con
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    either that DG-H1 is actually a Hommage, like the one Dell Arte has been making for the past few years, or it is a cheaper version of the Hommage, but still has the "Hommage" name. Im confused.