DjangoBooks.com

Asain made Dell Arte

aceace Buffalo, NY✭✭✭✭
Does anyone own or have an opinion on the asian made Dell Arte?

I'm also looking for the Wrembel Gitane model. Any news of release? Has anyone played that guitar?

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I inquired with Saga about the Wrembel model on February 28th. I just got the following reply today:

It is in production now and will be available on the market by late
    > summer/early fall.
    >
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Saga Musical Instruments
    >
    > David Gartland
    > Marketing
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    We're actually taking pre-orders for it all ready...but as you said there's no clear delivery date for the Wrembel model.

https://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/it ... embel.html
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Michael, have you been given a price yet?
    Never mind...I just clicked on the link and saw it.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    ace wrote:
    I'm also looking for the Wrembel Gitane model. Any news of release? Has anyone played that guitar?

Hi Josh,
    Stephane was playing a prototype at Django in June last year (I'm told) and it sounded good when he was playing it...for what it's worth. Maybe he'll have one again this year; I'm sure he'd let you check it out!

best,
    Jack.
    It has become his regular guitar now. I know he used it on the Barbes Brooklyn CD and in pretty much all his gigs since at least Django in June last year. The prototype is really beautiful, although I am sure the production model will be dumbed down somewhat. I think Stephane could make a cardboard box sound good, so it's hard to say what the production version will sound like in mortal hands. Can't be hugely different from the other higher-priced Gitanes. The bridge, though, is unlike the other Saga bridges I have seen. It is more Dupont-like, but with an offset for the "B" string. If it is on the production model, I have to think that alone will improve the tone.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    [quote="Michael Bauer"]The bridge, though, is unlike the other Saga bridges I have seen. It is more Dupont-like, but with an offset for the "B" string. If it is on the production model, I have to think that alone will improve the tone.[/quote]

The DG-330 also has a compensated bridge:

Which goes to show you that I haven't seen a DG-330 in person. :wink:

If I recall, Josh Hegg had really good things to say about the DG-330, so I assume the new bridge is a big improvement over the older version. It sure looks right.