DjangoBooks.com

Epiphone Emperor Regent

2»

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    TenorClef,
    I got mine in a guitar store in Paris, but you can get one here:
    http://www.gypsyguitars.com/accessories.php
    I have the reissue ST48, it has a wide volume range and when it`s cranked up all the way (not often) it almost rivals the output of my Gibson ES-335 and can kick a tube amp into overdrive, I' ve even played BBking style blues with it, maybe even Hendrix could work...
    In my experience it works better for gypsy jazz when you turn it up very slightly through a big amp or a PA.
    It has a very warm and creamy sound.
    One thing, it is very electric sounding, really cool, but electric. If you want a real natural acoustic sound go with something else, also the cable it comes with sometimes crackles a little.

To give you an idea how it sounds listen to Django's late recordings,Serge Krief at Samois playing "Danse Norvegienne" on the Django Legacy video or Adrien Moignard in this video:

Enjoy!
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    One more thing...
    If you do get one, take care to cover with masking tape the etched serial number on the back of the pickup or it will scratch your finish!!!
    I found out the hard way...oh well at least it's not a Vielle Reserve.
  • TenorClefTenorClef UKNew
    Ok thanks for all the info, i wonder if their is a company more local to the UK that can supply the Stimer as i'm not keen on paying the duty on getting one from the USA.
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500