DjangoBooks.com

1) Playing shaves pick, 2) Wegen/Pierce picks

2»

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator

Anybody got a URL for the GP 250? I'd like to check it out.

https://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/it ... gen_4.html
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Appreciate the suggestions. I'll be looking into the Fred Kellys and John Pearse Buffalo Horn after I exhaust my budget on six Wegens. Got...to...get...control...
  • Blue DragBlue Drag S.F. Bay Area✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 Wegens that I carry in a "Pick Pouch" on my key chain, so that I never lose them and they do sound great. That being said, while I want to maintain my Gypsy technique and sound, I do play other music: mostly Jazz/Blues/R&B, but also hard-core country and other styles. I didn't want to keep switching picks so I wanted a pick that could "do it all". My solution: the Dunlop Jazz 208 pick. Big, thick, full-toned, easier to hang on to than a Wegen. Developed as a Jazz pick, it is non-flexible, great for speed and articulation and has only the "Teeniest" bit less volume than a Wegen, you'd have to be Rin-Tin-Tin to hear a difference. You can find them on line for 36 picks/$11.99. A great pick than really "does it all" for me, and I've found that I'm using Gypsy Picking (with the ocassional alternate picking [subconsiously]) for everything. I really love my rhythm sound (you know, rhythm, the forgotten art [in most music]) with an "un-anchored" hand ;and the volume, clarity and ariculation of my single-note stuff . Just my $.02.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=111015
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Thanks B.D., I've got it bookmarked. Another question related to picks that have been recommended. I notice some come to quite a sharp point, while others, like the Golden Gate one I was given have rounded corners. I've been playing straight-ahead for decades and never used anything other than standard-issue Fenders, Dunlops, and the like. Is that sharp point conducive to faster speed?

-Rob