DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz in ole Paris?

chopstickchopstick ParisNew
edited June 2007 in International Posts: 16
Moving to Paris in September and was wondering if anyone out there knows some regular jams to check out and play at. I found some great posts about places to go see performances at, which I am defiantly going to check out, but it would be great to find some folks to jam with too!

I'm going to make some posts on the French Django sites and try to navigate through their pages, but since my French is rather terrifically horrible I though it might be a good idea to start here...

Anyone??

Thanks!

Nick

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    There are jams every day of the week!!!

Check this out (in french):
    http://www.djangostation.com/jazzmanouc ... article291

I lived in Paris for four months last year and it was amazing!!! Such a beautiful and great city...I really miss being there.

Lots of jazz manouche, lots of jams and concerts, great players all around, kinda scary really.

Just one thing...
    Speaking from experience... I seriously recommend you learn as much french as possible before you go there...It will make things a lot easier and it's such a beautiful language both to speak and to listen to.
  • chopstickchopstick ParisNew
    Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!!

Good advice on learning the language. I'm trying to slam myself with as much French as I can before I leave (in 3 months), we'll see how it turns out. I'm also going to be taking French courses once I get there, so hopefully I can get by...

One can see how difficult daily activities can be if you can't speak the native tongue. I have to give it to people who immigrate to other countries not knowing the language, especially taking into account how mean people can be.

Nick
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I'm glad that helped.

Great that you're learning french already.

Have a great time in Paris!!