DjangoBooks.com

Thank You for 5 years of great music and great company!

Jared EngelJared Engel Brooklyn, NYNew
edited July 2007 in Welcome Posts: 11
To the gypsy jazz community;

Hello, Jared Engel here, many of you know me as the bassist for The Stephane Wrembel Trio. I know that I've met many people who frequent this forum, and we've probably even played music together. I would just like to take a moment here to thank everyone I've met over the past 5 and a half years while I was member of Stephane's band. I've decided that it's time for me to do something else my creative energy, so I will no longer be making music with Stephane, and I will probably not be at very many gypsy jazz events in the future.

This community is really special and full of generous, creative, talented and ambitious people, and there's so many that have helped Stephane and me over the years, whether it was finding us a gig, letting us crash at their place, organizing a festival, buying a cd, or coming to the shows. Thank You! Though we never reached the top 40, I feel like we were living the dream and it was because of your help!

I would also like to publicly thank Stephane for all that he's taught me both musically and otherwise. It was a great experience, and I wish him the best.

I don't want to fall out of touch with everyone, so if you're ever in NYC, or just want to stay in touch, please send me an email at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> . You can also check my myspace page for current news, http://www.myspace.com/jaredengel .

OK, enough melodrama. Hope to see you all soon!
Cheers,

-Jared

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Jared,

Thank YOU for all the great music and inspiration over the years-seeing you guys and getting to play together after hours has really led me in new directions, and a lot of it was thanks to your generous and welcoming ways, and your fierce musicality. Can't wait to hear what you'll end up doing.

Thanks for the picture, too-that jam is such a great memory for me.

all best,
    Jack.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hey Jared...wow, this is a surprise! Dedicated Gypsy jazz bass players are hard to find....you've done an excellent job with Stephane over the years. good luck with your future endeavors!

'm
  • SorefSoref Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭
    Yeah man, Jack said it, thank you. I remember seeing you and Stephane play the second floor of the Virgin Megastore across from Berklee back in '02. I remember being floored by the playing all around, but also by the superhuman Jared-stamina. Part of the way into the show it looked like a patch of skin the size of a quarter had ripped off your right index finger, and you just kept playing!
    Thanks so much for all the great music.
    That jam pictured is one of my favorites as well.
    You were killer every set of DIJ this year and last year, your presence will be missed in the scene. Definitely keep us updated on whatever else you have in the works.

Regards,
    another Jack
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    You da man Jared! As always, mi casa es su casa.

Cheers,

Marc

www.hotclubpacific.com
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • aceace Buffalo, NY✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jared,
    Allow me add my reluctant farewell to the posts.
    You and Stephane have been a huge driving force in the progression of this music, and have also been a big source of fuel for my inspiration.
    Thanks for that, and good luck with all you do.
    I'm sure it will be great.
    If you ever stop home in Rochester, be sure to let us know. We'd LOVE to have you along for a show.
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Hey Jared - best of luck - I always enjoy your playing and really enjoyed seeing you at your recent gigs with Stephane in Porland, OR...
    Cheers,

Phil
  • NolanNolan Amsterdam✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jared,all the best with your future.Hopefully we can play together at some point.
    Cheers buddy,
    robin
    www.GypsyJazzSecrets.com
    www.Gypsyjazzworldpassport.com
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Jared,

Thank you so much for your energy and your professionalism - I've seen you three times w/ Stephane and you were fantastic each time. You're 100% focused and with talent in such abundance. I've never seen anyone work up a sweat like you at a gig - your solid, complex and tasteful bass lines will be missed in this community.

Good luck to you in whichever endeavors you now undertake!

-Bob
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    It was great meeting you here in Portland and good luck on whatever you do!
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    I just came across this YouTube video of you guys just TEARIN it up and couldn't resist posting it. So if there is anyone out there wondering: "Who is this Jared guy?" well... here you go... feast on this! The music starts at about 1:00 and continues through the video. Simply brilliant.

You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.