DjangoBooks.com

Transcribing video and audio on Macintosh with Finetunes

mosikmosik GermanyNew
edited July 2007 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 30
Up to now I was using Transcribe! for transcribing solos from records. As it doesn't support video files, I was googleing around and came across the amazing application Finetunes (http://homepage.mac.com/seishu/ssworks/finetunes/finetunes.html). It handles all the files that QuickTime does, can change speed and pitch, has a filemanager with playlists and works amazingly well! I have no problems on my PowerBook G4 1.33 Ghz, so it works on older hardware, too.
So I am using it now for transcribing from videos and to parctice to my playalongs.

page6_1.jpg[/img]

Comments

• chip3174chip3174 New
    Do you know if there is a finetunes for PC, and not Mac only?

Thanks,
    Chip
    Thanks, mosik. I think I'll try that one out!
  • mosikmosik GermanyNew
    Try it, you won't regret! I have contacted the developer for some feature requests and he is really responsive. The great thing about finetunes ist the filemanager, as it gives me a quicker access to my Play-Alongs. Better than iTunes, as I can adjust speed and pitch and better than Transcribe! as it is faster and easier to work with. However, i'm still using Transcribe! sometimes, as it has more features and navigation within a song is easier. But wait till Finetunes is version 7 …
  • cantzoncantzon Jeju Do, South KoreaNew
    That's awesome. Thanks.