DjangoBooks.com

Midwest Gypsy Swing Festival this Saturday

ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
edited September 2007 in North America Posts: 551
Despite being the most poorly advertised event in the US, it should still be crowded - and why not? Curiosity (if not interest ) is growing!

There is even a decent lineup this year: Ponticelli & Wrembel will both be there plus Harmonious Wail, Gypsy Caravan Ensemble, and the Gadjo Players.

Anyway, it is 4-10:30pm, $30, come early if you want to jam out.

And please come over to say hello. I have dark wavy hair and my girlfriend is Japanese so we'll be pretty easy to spot.

C U THERE

Elliot

Comments

• manoucheguitarsmanoucheguitars New MexicoNew
    Hi Elliot when is this? I'd like to bring a few guitars... and meet you. I have some packaging ideas for the coconut picks!
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I wish I could be there, Elliot. It would be fun to finally get together and to meet Robert at last. Have fun and tell Alphonso I said, "Hello." BTW, I saw Stephane last saturday night at Joe's Pub in NYC (my birthday gift to myself!) and I think it was the best I have ever heard him play. The vibe was great and he really fed off it. Enjoy the event. It really sounds like a good one, especially for the price!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    I'm really psyched - Kruno is showing up - here's the schedule

4pm - Gadjo Players hosting Jam in the Tent
    4:45 - Stephane. Kruno, Alfonso, & TomWaselchuck – gypsy guitar workshop - tent
    5:15 - HWail concert in the Barn
    6:15 - Swing Gitan – concert in the Barn
    7:pm Caravan -- in theTent
    8:pm Kruno -- concert in the Barn
    9pm Stephane -concert in the Barn
    Monsters of Manouche – 9:45 – 10:15 Barn
    Gypsy campfire & jam after the performance.

Plus food, etc. If I only had that Fake Book I'd be set!

The latest and best Coconut pick will be there as well! I'd like some people to try it out just for fun. You might get one free while they last with every Manouche Guitar you buy tomorrow if you act soon. Each one comes inscribed with a Gypsy woman's name in gold and a profile stolen directly from the Hippie Goddess website where I learned everything I know about effective merchandising.

Elliot