DjangoBooks.com

Bass lines for "Bouncin' Around" (Reinhardt)

AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
edited September 2007 in Bass Posts: 277
Courtesy Mr. Francois Ravez, here is a bass line to Django's tune, "Bouncin' Around."

575bouncinht2.jpg

This music, printed in Belgium, lists the "Music by Gus DeLoof." Francois, is that the name of the bass player?

Cheers,
Ando[/url]

Comments

• CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
    I believe Gus DeLoof was a trumpet player. He and Mr. Viseur made some recordings under the name "Gus & Gus."
  • François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Yes Gus Deloof is not a bass player. The musicians were just Django, Loulou Gasté (rythm gt) and Eugène d'Helemmes on bass. If I remember correctly, Django did not know which tune to record, so somebody whistled to him this tune that Gus Deloof had recently written and that he had never heard previously, and a few minutes after they recorded it (9.IX.1937).

Best

François RAVEZ
  • AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
    Hmm, I'm listening to the recording right now. The bass part posted above is definitely not transcribed directly from the recording.

Cheers,
    Ando
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    so, basically, django's version is the original, right? or is the horn section one thee one.
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/