DjangoBooks.com

Book rosenberg Trio

PaganiniPaganini New
edited March 2005 in Welcome Posts: 74
Has anyone seen the book allready, is it any interesting? :lol:

Comments

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    ive been drooling over the advertisement for that book but at like $100 its expensive... still thinking about it... :-)
  • lmntrylmntry Portland , Oregon✭✭✭✭
    I also drooled a bit by the advertisement....but when I found out about the $100 price :shock: , the urge to buy was gone forever !
  • drollingdrolling New
    As a medical illustrator, I've dealt with a lot of publishers, and can assure you that 100 bucks is not an unreasonable price for a full colour hardcover book (even without the inclusion of a custom pick & CD). Also consider that the smaller the press run, the bigger the price will be for each copy. That's why the english translation of Angelo's 'Astuces Manouche' is half the price of the original french version - they printed a gazillion copies for the world-wide anglophone market.

That having been said, I can tell you guys I could never have imagined paying 15 dollars for a pick, or over 5 bucks for a set of strings 'till I got into this style of music!
  • mr motomr moto darkest scotlandNew
    i just ordered the book , now all i have to do is wait till it is out in june 2005 . and yes before i got into this music i would have never have dream,t of paying 10 quid ! for a pick either :shock: this is fast becoming an addiction :D but it is fun . also i cant wait to go see the rosenberg trio at their first uk appearance at the l,esprit manouche festival here in the uk this summer ,look,s like a great line up this year too . www.lespritmanouche.com