DjangoBooks.com

Luthier built Petite Bouche for sale in Nor Cal.

mrkerbmrkerb LosAngelesNew
edited October 2007 in Classifieds Posts: 5
This guitar was built by Alan Schwinn at Ace guitars in NH. It has a bear claw spruce top, rosewood back and sides, updated with a Michael Collins bridge and DR tailpiece. I have it on consignment at Thin Man String Co. in Nor Calif for $775.00 including gig bag. Their website is:
http://www.thinmanmusic.com/New_Guitars.htm

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Interesting! I've got one of these too, and always wondered where the others went (Allan only made a limited edition). I was surprised at how well they turned out, but talking with Allan made me realize how much time he spent researching the style.

good luck,
    Jack.
  • mrkerbmrkerb LosAngelesNew
    more photos
  • mrkerbmrkerb LosAngelesNew
    more shots
  • Greg CudaGreg Cuda New
    Jack,
    I contacted the music store about this guitar. It looks like I will own it soon! I am interested in finding out more about the luthier as well as any Django seen in your area. I live in upstate NY, not too far from you.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    That specific guitar isn't mine (by the way, mine is also for sale if anyone else is looking) so I can't tell you anything about that particular one. I can tell you that Allan (Ace Guitars) is in Dover, NH. Here's his website:
    http://www.ace-guitars.com/

The biggest local gypsy jazz event in Django in June, held every June in Northampton, MA. Tons of players from all over, and a week full of workshops and jamming leading up to two nights of concerts. Past performers include Robin Nolan, Andreas Oberg, Lollo Meier, John Jorgenson, Stephane Wrembel, Kruno Spisic, Tim Kliphuis, and more. There are also yearly events in NYC at Lincoln Center and Birdland.

Off the top of my head, some bands around the area include Babik (Buffalo), Ameranouche (NH), The Swing Gypsys (Ithaca), Sinti Rhythm (Boston), and my own band Swing Caravan (Western MA). I'm sure there are a bunch I'm forgetting, too...

Let me know if you have any questions...

best,
    Jack.