Here are some videos from one of our gigs:

Www.alexsimonmusic.com
Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/

Comments

• Pugs47Pugs47 New
    Hey you and Alex are cooking.
    Is this the new Puppets venue.
    Hope To make top another jam in the future.
    Ernie
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    earnie,
    thanks man- the sound on the films sucks- but still, there were some cool moments!
    cheers,
    b.
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    nice to see the vids Ben. :-)
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    John,
    Thanks! I hope to see some film of you kicking out great solos as you did at DFNW- pls. pm me your info- I have a gift for all the carting of me and eve and our crap you did on whidbey.
    THanks
    Cheers,
    B.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Hey Ben - that's a textbook rhythm hand - loose - relaxed - and a full range of motion with the little and ring fingers pulled back. Wonderful. Gents, if you want to see what a rhythm player's right hand should be doing... here's a good shot of one.

But I'm wondering about your guitar... looks like it has seven strings - that's one to many, isn't it? Or is that big one one the top there to hold the cigarette? Did you have to have an extra finger installed to play that bugger? ;) OK, I'm out of 7 string guitar jokes so I guess it's off to bed for me tonight. Nice to see you swattin rhythm on that big machine of yours - good stuff.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.