DjangoBooks.com

Ready to Buy; Which One??????

smilinjacksmilinjack The Wilds of Borneo & The Vineyards of BordeauxNew
Greetings!
As to the Gitane:
DG-300.
Is this model the one with the Thinnest neck?
Can you tell me the major difference between the
DG-310 and the DG-320 other than the sound hole from this guitar.
The Site seems to have the best pricing on these instruments and the set up options are a plus that most other dealers don't offer.

Jack
"You Can Walk Around this Town Without Brains. . . But You Can't Walk Around Without Money!"

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Jack,

The DG-310 has the thinnest neck. The DG-320 has a more pronounced top arch and a steeper neck angle then the DG-310. However, we just sold our last DG-320 and Saga is back ordered. There will be a wait for the DG-320s. The other models can ship ASAP.

Thanks!

-Michael
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    here is my personal take, on these guitars, and I don't mind if someone corrects me:

the DG-300 has a slightly thicker neck and I believe it is a tiny bit "squared" like the Gallatos were... I would say its as thick as a dupont neck but a little squared.

the neck angle of the DG-300 is similar to the DG-255's and the Dupont Veille Reserve oval holes, and the Cigano D-hole...

the Cigano oval hole is the only guitar amongst the Ciganos, Sagas, and Gitanes that has the steeper neck angle that is similar to Duponts or Shelley Park guitars but the neck is the same as the Gitane 255s.

The Duponts and Shelleys have very slightly thicker neck than a gitane 255 or Cigano oval and its only a little noticeable.
  • smilinjacksmilinjack The Wilds of Borneo & The Vineyards of BordeauxNew
    But the sound on the 310 and 300 is basically the same?
    I do not have large hands so I guess the 310 is the way to go.
    What modifications do you absolutely recomend???

Thanks for your help,
    Jack
    "You Can Walk Around this Town Without Brains. . . But You Can't Walk Around Without Money!"
    The 300 and 310 are the same except for the neck. The 310 has a very thin neck.

We recommend a custom bridge and a pro set up. That will improve the sound tremendously. If you want a really buttery, lower action set up then a fret level is a good idea too. The frets are pretty uneven out of the factory...with higher action it doesn't matter as much. But if you want it lower you'll get a lot more buzz without a fret level.

'm
  • smilinjacksmilinjack The Wilds of Borneo & The Vineyards of BordeauxNew
    What would the tab be for that to NJ. 07701???

Jack
    Hi Jack...you can figure that all out here:

https://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/ca ... -saga.html

Or email me: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

'm