DjangoBooks.com

Django Fest NY

plankityplankity CTNew
edited November 2007 in North America Posts: 108
Who's going?

I'll be there Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Norman CT/USA

Comments

• EmmettRayEmmettRay Honolulu, Hawaii✭✭✭✭ Koa Iseman, AJL XO-503, Holo Busato
    Great show last night! Samson Schmitt owns them all...I had no idea he was THAT good. Top notch playing all around. Don't miss this show!
  • A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    Yes!
    I got a play by play report from my DJ friend and old swing band mate from Tucson from the Wednesday show...
    Glad to see some other post!
    Would have loved to be there myself!
    A.K.
  • manoucheguitarsmanoucheguitars New MexicoNew
    I wanted to go too but have just been too busy to get away this month... Dorado is probably my favorite Gypsy Jazzer, I really like his approach and style. One of the guitars Samson is playing is the Manouche Modele Jazz that I helped get over to him, Manouche is one of the sponsors this year and I have received word the Samson will be an unpaid endorser of the Modele Jazz. Nice to hear when someone of that stature likes your instrument...

Robert
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    This was one of the best of recent years,
    just an amazing concert. I enjoyed it! and the guitars (robert) were great, barr and I jammed a bit after. It was fun. I'll be there again sunday.
    Cheers,
    B.
  • HCPhillyHCPhilly Phila. PA✭✭✭✭
    Hey Ben,

Nice hangin' with you at Birdland.

The festival has been unbelievable. Tony & Pat Walker were there from England,
    [Tony is one of the owners of Manouche guitars]
    Sampson will be endorsing Manouche guitars, he ended up picking a beautiful oval hole that had been played as a demo, and Dorado bought a Modele jazz too. They absolutely love the guitars!
    Sampson has been playing the Manouche with a bigtone, and alsoa beautiful guitar made by Rodrigo Shopis, [Rodrigo installed the bigtone
    for us, his guitars, BTW are amazing].

[note to Joel, Dorado bought the guitar that I brought over to Jack's place!] We will be building a 7 string for Howard Alden,
    [Alden plays banjo for the early gig there every Wednesday with a Dixieland band]. Oh, BTW, David Reinhardt and his amazing friend Adrienne want guitars too[!]
    Adrienne and Sampson jammed with our guitars backstage, joined by Florin, [ it was unbelievable !] I'll be back tomorrow.
    Barry
  • HCPhillyHCPhilly Phila. PA✭✭✭✭
    Hey Ben,

Nice hangin' with you at Birdland.

The festival has been unbelievable. Tony & Pat Walker were there from England,
    [Tony is one of the owners of Manouche guitars]
    Sampson will be endorsing Manouche guitars, he ended up picking a beautiful oval hole that had been played as a demo, and Dorado bought a Modele jazz too. They absolutely love the guitars!
    Sampson has been playing the Manouche with a bigtone, and alsoa beautiful guitar made by Rodrigo Shopis, [Rodrigo installed the bigtone
    for us, his guitars, BTW are amazing].

[note to Joel, Dorado bought the guitar that I brought over to Jack's place!] We will be building a 7 string for Howard Alden,
    [Alden plays banjo for the early gig there every Wednesday with a Dixieland band]. Oh, BTW, David Reinhardt and his amazing friend Adrienne want guitars too[!]
    Adrienne and Sampson jammed with our guitars backstage, joined by Florin, [ it was unbelievable !] I'll be back tomorrow.
    Barry
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    Samson and Dorado are playing the Manouche Jazz? How could this be? They only cost $2000!
    Well Elliot... you probably know more than anyone how the Modele Jazz performs, after all, you were the first person in the US to buy one... (you might want to hang on to that guitar). I like giving credit where credit is due and yes Birdland went pretty well. Thanks to Barry for working so hard, thanks to Tony (and Patricia) from Manouche who flew all the way from England to check out the Birdland jazz scene. The best people to work with ever. Thanks to Rodrigo Shopis ( I want one of his guitars!) for helping me get the Bigtone over there, (I couldn't make it to NYC, new baby and all) and for his installation. And a very special thanks to Ernie Pugliese for doing the set-up on the guitar that eventually ended up with Samson. Very professionally done Ernie. Well done everyone!

Robert
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Barr, and everyone.
    Yeah, the best in recent years. . . . I'm sorry I missed tonight, I had a gig. I want a guitar (like howards w/different neck) thats a 7 string .. the 12 fret was a great guitar!
    Adrien is a great player (make sure I get a dvd of that- soon!); it was fun to hang with him, you, sampson and to see dorado, florin and everyone, great concert and a good hang. Thanks to Pat Phillips as always for bringing these artitsts here.
    Cheers,
    B.
    Barry did an outstanding job with this... simply brilliant!