DjangoBooks.com

Intros and outros

helaghelag Breizh/FranceNew
edited September 2012 in Gypsy Rhythm Posts: 8
hi

It 's a great work you 've done with this book.
I ve read that it will be more books and especially one for the intros and outros
when it will be done ?

thanks

:D

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi...I've got to finish Gypsy Rhythm vol.2 and 3 first. Sometime in the next few years!

'm
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    Maybe we can all collect Intros and Outros at the gypsy jazz fakebook:

http://www.petersonmusic.com/wiki/index ... s_Du_Schon

Unfortunately, the Fake Book is getting spammed to the limit and the manager of the site isn't taking any steps to prevent it.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the spam exploded not long ago...I've heard that Chris is swamped with a big project (not ours-the kind that pays!) but that he hopes to be back in a month or two. I tried to find a way to block the ip addresses of the spammers but I think he's the only one with the admin rights to do it...

best,
    Jack.
  • A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    Most intros and outro's are heard quite evidently by listening to the artist performing them...
    Take for example the last 4 bars, Basie, Ellington, Lagrene, Pass or any jazz guitarist for that matter...
    I even get them from Bob Wills...
    Gotta love the Jimmy Pickles into that Bireli does on After You've Gone on the new Just the Way You Are CD...
    A.K.
  • WitchTiplerWitchTipler Montreal,QCNew
    I would also really love to see some examples of outros and intros (for rhythm and lead) considering that they are so important and a fun part of every tune.

metro swing being my favourite at the moment, the moreno album with debarre
    wow :shock:
  • everetteverett san francisco✭✭✭
    bumping this thread :D

anyone have good resources for intros/outros? youtubes, transcriptions, recommended tracks, etc...i'm slowly working through some chord melodies of my favorite songs, but could use some good starting reference!
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    Nous'che's rhythm course consists of two volumes. The second volume has a part with Stochelo demonstrating many intros and outros. The course will go out to our crowd funding backers in January. Other interested buyers can get it in April. So, with a little patience you can have Stochelo show you the ropes accompanied with TABs!