DjangoBooks.com

??Gypsy Jazz in NYC??

WowBobWowWowBobWow Another Time & SpaceNew
edited December 2007 in North America Posts: 221
Greetings New Yorkers ~

Are there any gypsy jazz gigs to see from 12/26 to 12/31? If so, please post them here.

I will be in New York for the first time ever (whoo hoo!) and would be interested to fit some g-jazz into the mapped out tourist schedule, so any information is appreciated.

Also, any top ten lists on things to do when in the city is also great as I am going by our Lonely Planet tourbook and a few friend recommendations. (We are going to be 4 blocks off central park on the west side)

Thanks!

Comments

• EmmettRayEmmettRay Honolulu, Hawaii✭✭✭✭ Koa Iseman, AJL XO-503, Holo Busato
    Our best guy in town, Stephane Wrembel is playing with his trio at Barbes in Brooklyn on 12/30. Check out his site for more info www.stephanewrembel.com
  • EmmettRayEmmettRay Honolulu, Hawaii✭✭✭✭ Koa Iseman, AJL XO-503, Holo Busato
    Also, since you're looking for other stuff to see/do, don't miss Les Paul at the Iridium Jazz club on new year's eve. I just saw him there last night, still amazing at 92! I was talking to him about Django, who he'd met and played with in '46. The man is truly a living legend.

This is the best town for live jazz. Hope you have a great trip!
  • HCPhillyHCPhilly Phila. PA✭✭✭✭
    Hey Y'all,

The Hot Club Of Philadelphia will be playing at the Salt Creek Grille in Princeton NJ Friday Dec 7.
    For more info check out our website
    www.hotclubphilly.com

As far as the NYC scene, Joel Beaver has some steady gigs in and around town, [I don't have the info.], maybe he'll check in.
    Ben Wood and Alex Simon might have some steady gigs too.
    Cheers,
    Barry