DjangoBooks.com

Shelley Park 2003 Montmartre for sale

nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Classifieds Posts: 274
Shelley Parks 2003 Model Montmartre Gypsy Jazz guitar. If you know about Selmer and Favino style guitars, it goes with out saying that Shelley makes some of the best sounding and most visually beautiful guitars one can find. This guitar is a Favino inspired model with lighter bracing and a breathy elegant voice, while retaining that sought after gypsy tone. The construction is as follows: Big Leaf Maple back and sides, Bear Claw spruce top, Mahogany neck, Ebony fretboard, DR tailpiece, Ebony Bridge, Externally installed Bigtone Pickup, High quality 3 to a bar tuners( I don't know the brand, but this guitar stays in tune after 2 hour long sets of hard playing). It also comes with a green crushed velvet lined black case..
Park guitars are now starting at 4k + after shipping,the Bear claw top is an additonal 150, the Bigtone piezo pickup is 250.
The Guitar has been kept humidified and in mint condition. However, my bassist knocked it off the stage one day and resulted in a few minimal scratches on the back (not gouges,) and a small finish blemish on the headstock. The sound has developed wonderfully and this guitar is really opening up. If not for the minor injuries, I would actually be charging more than the price for a new model, as the materials and pickup add a tangible value.
The only reason I am selling this is in order to finance the custom guitar that Shelley is currently building me. That in and of itself should say enough.

Comments

• nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    I guess I should post a price: 3,800. I am very willing to trade for a Dupont or a good Selmer style guitar plus cash, as I enjoy having both style models for the different tones.
  • jaxxonjaxxon Boulder, CO - USANew
    I've had the pleasure of playing Nick's guitar a few times and have had many countless hours of enjoyment listening to Nick play it, as well... It's a great guitar. If I had the cash, I would not hesitate to grab this guitar! It plays like butter.. and in strong hands, has the power of a gypsy guitar that we all love.. or the gentleness appropriate for lighter sounding pieces. It's simply the nicest gypsy guitar I've played. The bridge pickup sounds great, too, by the way.

Anyway.. This guitar will definitely make someone happy! :)
    Thanks Jackson,
    Hope to get some more jamming in with you one of these days. I am reducing the price to 2,600 plus shipping, as that seems to be the more current rate for the Parks, so it's not too late.
    I guess I should post a price: See the updated price below.
    I am very willing to trade for a Dupont or a good Selmer style guitar plus cash, as I enjoy having both style models for the different tones.
    Do you still have the Park guitar? I'm definitely, absolutely 100% going to buy a gypsy jazz guitar in the next few weeks (waiting for my student loan checks to come in) and am lusting after one of Park's models. However, the four grand price tag for a brand new one is a bit beyond my grasp. Please keep me in mind, because I'm completely serious about purchasing yours. The spring university semester here in San Francisco begins in two weeks and the checks should be cut a week or two after that.

My email address is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->, so please feel free to contact me if you want to discuss this further. Where are you located?

Steve
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Gorgeous guitar at a great price.
    Hi,

Can you email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->? I'd like to find out about payment methods and shipping details.

Thanks,

Steve
  • mcgroup53mcgroup53 Bloomington, IN USA✭✭✭✭ 1951 Ep Broadway
    Did you sell this guitar? Please contact me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> if it's still for sale.

Dave McCarty
    Sorry,
    I haven't been online in a while; I actually traded the guitar a few months ago.
    Nick