DjangoBooks.com

Dg300 , Dg 310 , or Dg 320

hello all, i'm thinking of buying a saga model , on djangobooks , very good deal for me ( i live in france , and these model cost more money)

So i want to know , first the difference betweenn Dg300 and 310 , wich guitar is the moste easy to play ?? the sound ??

other thing , i see that there some customisation that i can add on the "factory model"

what is the difference between "factory set up" and "custom set up".

the same for the factory tuner" and "deluxe saga tuner " ??

last thing how sound the Dg320 in compariason with these two model..

i want to do the best "choice" ;)

Thanks a lot in advance ! :)

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    Go for the DG-300. It comes with the better tuners (as do all three models you have listed) and is just a great all around GJ guitar for the price. Good for lead and rhythm and the neck is great. It's the same neck that is on the 320 but I like the tone of the 300 better. Just my 2¢ on that.
    The "Factory Setup" is really not a et up at all. Is just means they put the strings on for you. Also for these guitars you want to think about getting a bridge done as well. Some people like the stock bridge. I don't my self and feel that the DG-300 with a full setup and bridge sounds nice. This is what I did on my own 300 as well as a full fret level.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • EmmettRayEmmettRay Honolulu, Hawaii✭✭✭✭ Koa Iseman, AJL XO-503, Holo Busato
    I own the 320 and have played the 300, I agree that the 300 probably sounds a little better. Definitely true about the set up, you'll need one when you get it. These are supposedly the exact same guitars that Jorgenson uses even though they're made in China, thats what he told me at a show last week (he used the 320 for the whole show). I was kinda surprised since he can afford much nicer models I'm sure.
  • OliveOlive FranceNew
    Thanks a lot for your answers Josh and Emett , i will try "saga" model tomorow in some Paris Shop in Pigalle , and if it's ok for me, i will buy it here with case and Custom bridge :)

The Ludo Reinhardts 310 isn't good ?? (you don't speak about it..)
  • Dr. HallDr. Hall Green Bay, WisconsinNew
    I own a DG-320. It has been an incredible guitar for me for over a year now, but about an hour ago I installed the custom bridge Josh Hegg made for it, and the guitar now sounds even better! It's hard to describe, but I'd say it has become clearer and louder, with more dynamic range and texture. Thanks Josh! Everyone who owns a Gitane should have one of your bridges. That said, all of the Jorgenson models are excellent guitars, especially for the price, and with a proper set up and a bridge from Josh you simply can't go wrong.
    -Stefan
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I have a DG-340 for myself and I like it better then the older DG-300. The improved neck angle and top arch make brighter, drier, and louder IMO. The DG-320 and DG-330 are similar. The DG-320s D hole does give it more low end and mellows the high end a bit.

However, the DG-300 is still a great guitar!

'm