DjangoBooks.com

Stochelo masterclass and concert in Rome on January 15th

emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
edited January 2008 in Gypsy Jazz Italia Posts: 472
Masterclass presented by Saint Louis College of Music at Via del boschetto 106, from 4 to 6pm.
http://www.slmc.it/
Concert at Alexanderplatz Jazz Club, Via Ostia 9, 10pm.
www.alexanderplatz.it

Comments

• emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    The concert was good, also if the Alexanderplatz club is not the best place for an event like that, IMHO. Who lives here in Rome, knows what I mean for sure. There were some sound problems, expecially at the beginning, but Stochelo played great, as always. I'm sorry for the other guitarist, Salvatore Russo, who played unplugged all the concert, because a mic was broken and there wasn't another one in the club to replace it, I suppose. It was a shame and I was a little bit disappointed. Anyway, I'll post photos and videos as soon as possible.
    Cheers.
    Here 2 photos.
  • steven_eiresteven_eire Wicklow✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    that's cool emicad

can you give us a brief description of what was covered in the masterclass?
    Sorry, I wasn't there but in my office, working hard. :cry:
    Anyway, clausci joined the masterclass, so I'll tell him to post here a brief description.
    Bye.
  • clausciclausci RomaNew
    that's cool emicad

can you give us a brief description of what was covered in the masterclass?

Hi i was there, it was pretty cool cause the people can play with the master, anyway the things that was explained was very few and basics, and most of them was about the gypsy spirit of playng etc.
    honestly i was there only to listen how he plays...and he plays supergood of course...
    anyway you can find more tricks listening to the masters and browsing in books and also in this forum there is a lot more stuff if you are looking for skills, the things that were sayd in the masterclass are good for the noobs to fascinate them to this music, and of course Stochelo can do it.
    Claudio
  • tommasotommaso ROMA-ITALYNew
    Hi, I have attended the Stochelo masterclass and I totally agree with Clausci. Nothing to learn for intermediate players, but great to be so close to Stochelo and see him playing. It has been also a good chance to try the Eimers guitars, presented by the luthier, that are indeed very good.
    Bye,
    Tommaso :wink:
    Grazie Django!