DjangoBooks.com

Django orchestrated

aceace Buffalo, NY✭✭✭✭
edited February 2008 in North America Posts: 78
Hello Everyone,
After a solid 18 months of planning, my group Babik will be performing the music of Django Reinhardt with a full orchestra.
We have enlisted the help of arranger Brent Havens, who has created and arranged the wildly popular orchestral programs for the music of The Doors, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, and The Eagles.
The show will take place on March 8th at Kleinhans Music Hall in Buffalo New York, with the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra. Tickets are nearly sold out, but we hope to do another full length program here in 2009.

I know there are only a handful of you that are close enough to make the trip, but we are looking to do this in as many other areas as possible, so please send your ideas if you're inclined.
Thanks!
Josh

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Wow, that's cool! I hope you make a recording or DVD!

'm
  • aceace Buffalo, NY✭✭✭✭
    We're finding it's extremely difficult to gain permission to record these shows since we're working with 70+ union musicians. If, by the rare chance that we are able to record it, we would unfortunately not be allowed to release it as a CD or DVD. BUT, if we find the right orchestra, who knows????

I will of course keep you posted if we're ever able to make that happen.
    -J
    Bootleg? :wink: