DjangoBooks.com

Trade Eastman for GJ guitar?

badjazzbadjazz Maui, Hawaii USA✭✭✭ AJL
edited February 2008 in Classifieds Posts: 130
Is anybody interested in trading a gypsy guitar for an archtop? I had auctioned it on ebay, but the high bidder backed out and I was going to use the $$ for a GJ guitar anyway, so I thought I'd throw it open to offers. Below is the link to the auction that has more details about the guitar. Please look for the Q. & A. part of the auction below the pictures and be sure to read that, because it has relevant information on it. Please feel free to send an offer if you are interested. Thanks!

Here is the link to the guitar info:
Defunct Ebay Auction

I wish I hadn't sold my Dupont!

Comments

• badjazzbadjazz Maui, Hawaii USA✭✭✭ AJL
    For anybody who was interested in this, but scared off by the report of pickup noise in the description on the ebay auction, I figured out the problem and it had nothing to do with the guitar. It was just a faulty cord. With a new cord it is nice and quiet.

I feel dumb for figuring this out so late, but I used the same cord for like the last 7 years and never had a problem with my dearmond pickups. It think it has something to do with the cord being a stereo cord, but with the dearmond I always used a mono 1/8 to 1/4 adapter, so any problem with the other stereo channel or whatever it was didn't affect the dearmond. Anyway, with a regular, cheap guitar cord the pickup is now quiet and sounds great.
    guitar is no longer available.
    Ok, guitar is available again. It is on ebay:
    Eastman Guitar Auction

I also posted a slideshow with audio on Youtube:

Just some noodling around recorded by plugging the pickup into the digital recorder to let you get an idea of the sound.

If the high bidder is someone from the board, let me know and I'll knock $50 off the final price. Thanks!