DjangoBooks.com

Rigo Winterstein & Lulu Reinhardt

BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
edited March 2008 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 527
Hi all,

I am pleased to tell that I just got the brandnew CD of Rigo Winterstein and Lulu Reinhardt directly from Peter Mettbach. The CD has the remarkable title „Swing Legenden of Gibsy Jazz“.

The line up shows some new faces. Rigo Winterstein changed to the double bass. Rhythm guitars are played by the left-handed Harry Winterstein and Django Winterstein. Peter Mettbach sings one tune. The „Rigo Winterstein and Lulu Reinhardt Swingtett" also has a violin player, Vatali Krause, but you cannot hear him on this CD.

Lulu Reinhardt plays most of the 10 tunes on an amplified guitar. His playing is great, elegant as usual. I always loved his waltzes most, so my favorite on this CD ist the „Valse à Madame“, although it is not his own composition. The booklet claims that all the music was composed by Rigo Winterstein, but you can recognize some „influences“. So does „Romance for You“ sound a little bit like „Melodie“ by Bamboula Ferret.

Altogether it is a fine CD, with a good driving rhythm and a lot of solo playing of one of the greatest german Guitarists.

Best,
Barengero

Order: http://www.amazon.de/Swing-Legenden-Gip ... 674&sr=8-1

Comments

• plankityplankity CTNew
    I wanted to kick this one back to the top of the heap: I found some stuff on YouTube and was wondering:

MICHAEL: do you carry this disc?

Norman CT/USA
  • favino881favino881 Strasbourg, France✭✭✭✭
    Is that the Lulu Reinhardt that composed "Lulu swing"?
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    favino881 wrote:
    Is that the Lulu Reinhardt that composed "Lulu swing"?

Yes, it´s him.

Best,
    Barengero