DjangoBooks.com

My Cigano GJ-15 recording

conradconrad Toronto, CanadaNew
I plucked the strings and this came out at 4AM last night in celebration for my friend's birthday, long past the hours of sanity and good guitar playing. Recorded dry on my iPod mic (you can even hear the ipod computer churning away, hehehe). In the spirit of long unreciprocated Christmas Gifts to my friend, sweet slumber on silent nights which keep eluding me, and in the spirit of Jesus at Easter, some people's saviour... I play my favourite carol of my own meagre arrangement, preceded by a shaky improvisation. So really, it's madness before an effort in tranquility. I think I will burn on the cross, my guitar tonight. hehe, sigh

warning: I don't know much gypsy picking or jazz yet, and I come from a flamenco background. Just playing some notes, just thought you might like to hear how one Cigano sounds in anybodies hands.

Conrad

Comments

• asd123321asd123321 ✭✭✭✭
    Why use an oddball format like m4a instead of mp3 or wma that most people have?
  • conradconrad Toronto, CanadaNew
    I dunno... I'm really sorry... I just converted the wav from my iPod to AAC/m4a to compress it, as it suggested, and from there... I had no way to convert to anything else. I'm not very computer literate, but it works on my windows media player. And the forum F.A.Q. said m4a will work. It's not working? I don't know how to fix it, damn. Can you help, please?
    Okay, I downloaded a free trial mp3 converter and it's fixed now. But is there another free program that people use?
    Nice intro! Sounds good. I already own a Gitane D500 (grande bouche), but I've been thinking about getting the Cigano petite bouche.

Merry Christmas!

As far as an mp3 converter, iTunes on my Mac does all the work for me.
  • simplygoodmusicsimplygoodmusic Rome, ItalyNew
    edited March 2008 Posts: 81
    You can hear the influence, but that doesnt make it any less great.
    edited May 2008 Posts: 23
    Thanks, guys! Hahaha, it's Christmas every day! And thanks for the advice, Stackabones, I couldn't find that on my iTunes but I will look again. As far as the guitar... it's a HECKUVA a guitar for the money.

cheers
  • NolanNolan Amsterdam✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great......Cigano rules! Why buy anything else?!

robin
    www.GypsyJazzSecrets.com
    www.Gypsyjazzworldpassport.com
    Ahm... Mr. Robin Nolan says it's okay?? :shock: :shock: :):) Thank you, sir... It's truly an honour. I've admired your music for many years. I saw you play in Toronto once long ago. Thank you! I'm just about starstruck. Good luck... what does one say...? best wishes
    I run iTunes on my Mac ... try going to Advanced > Convert Selection to mp3. It's been available on every version of iTunes that I've had. Hope it works for you. :wink:
    Stackabones... got it!!! Had to go "preferences" and then "advanced", and then "importing" and that changes the settings... and then convert selection... phew... but thanks! iTunes is amazing! And it's free! Thank you, Apple.