DjangoBooks.com

Django's Last Album/Recording?

SUDSSUDS New
edited May 2008 in History Posts: 13
Hi I was wondering if anybody knew of Django's last album/recording.
I have heard it is very different but equal or better to other stuff. And I also heard he recorded it on a Tele. If anyone knows for sure, please detail. Especially if have or know of or know of where to find the CD.

Thanks

SUDS

Comments

• rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    I know that that his last sessions were packaged later as 'the great artistery of Django Reinhardt' with the definitive nuages on it..also the version of night and day is incredible.

Easily picked up and a must for all fans baby :wink: 8)
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    That session's not actually his last recordings.

There was another session in 1953 after it where he recorded his final number "Deccaphonie"

SP
  • La NiglosLa Niglos New
    Spalo wrote:
    That session's not actually his last recordings.

There was another session in 1953 after it where he recorded his final number "Deccaphonie"

SP

He played a Tele on that final session?
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    It is told that Django played a modified Selmer in the last recordings. He made a hole in the back of the guitar and told the amazed musiciens he played with that it was usefull to make his own body be part of his guitar's body.

I hope it is understandable ...