DjangoBooks.com

Blue Drag and other observations

2»

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Thats cool man. We combine sight singing and ear training as well. I am th e compleate opposite. I can nail the singing but I suck at melodic dictation, Harmonic I am pretty good. I can transcribe ok with a guitar in my hand but cold with nothing but pencil and paper forget it.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    a cool advice fapy gave me is to work out songs in two tonalities.... at a distance of a fifth.... or fourth....

so that way if you're used to starting with a chord in the 5th string, you'll be forced to play it in the 6th string, vice versa...

and it's always important of the chords in terms of relationships rather than the names of the chords themselves (ie instead of Am to Dm , think I , IV)

he has a similar trick for heads as well... but that's for another time 8) 8)
  • QueenbeeQueenbee New
    dennis wrote:
    he has a similar trick for heads as well... but that's for another time 8) 8)

Time must be up by now. :wink:

What's the trick?

M.
  • rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

@dennis Sorry for warming this thread up, but after 12 years (14 respectively) I really would like to know that trick 😊

BucoBillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakes
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Dennis could tell you... but he’d have to kill you...

billyshakesrudolfochrist
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

A high but acceptable price to pay 😂

At least I will die enlightened.