DjangoBooks.com

Am I holding my hands and plectrum right ?

edited May 2008 in Technique Posts: 193
Hi. :D

I was playing last week and I thought, am I holding my plectrum and hand the right way ?:D I posted a video on youtube of me playing the belleville tune. :D
Here its is : http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-i-LhaqLU

Comments

• steven_eiresteven_eire Wicklow✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    to me, it looks like the hand position is about right but i think you could try making the overall movement of picking larger, like really raising the pick a bit higher above the string before letting it drop through. are you letting the pick rest on the adjacent string? its hard to tell by the video but it didn't look like you were to me. hope that helps
    Thanks, im gonna try to make the picking movement larger. :D About the resting on the adjecent string, I dont think I do that. :? I think im ''plucking'' the guitar strings with a angle (90degrees) , maybey thats the reason why the picking movement is not large engough ? :?
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I don't think you understand how Gypsy picking works...if that's what you're going for...

Get the "Gypsy picking" book by Michael Horowitz, you'll be glad you did.