DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• KlezmorimKlezmorim South Carolina, USANew
    Uh... ok... I see it listed as "Currently Out Of Stock." Did you get one in and it sold IMMEDIATELY??

If so, what WAS the selling price, if I may ask? :?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    It's $18,000

'm
  • FopaFopa San FranciscoNew
    It's $18,000

Does that mean it is still available? How does it compare to the Dupont VR, which also uses very old tone woods?
    -fopa
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    [quote="Fopa"]

Does that mean it is still available?[/quote]

It's sold....

[quote] How does it compare to the Dupont VR, which also uses very old tone woods?[/quote]

Very different guitars...the Dupont VR is very traditional sounding. A lot like a Selmer with a more brash, barky, old school sort of sound.

The Hahl is more Gypsy neveau...balanced with a lot of flatop/archtop qualities. Not as loud as the VR, but more complex in tone. Also, this particular Hahl (same as Bireli's) is a short scale (650mm) 14 fret guitar which is rather unusual. But Hahl makes it work...the guy is a genius!

I had a great time while this guitar was here...too bad I had to ship it out so soon as it was a joy to play.

I still have one of Hahl's Gitano models left which doesn't have the fancy woods and inlays....but the sound is there for less then half the price. Hahl told me he won't be making the basic Gitanos any more. He said they were too good for the price...so he's only making the more expensive Deluxe Gitano and Super Deluxe Gitano from now on.

This one is a real tone machine:

-Michael