DjangoBooks.com

bad news for rhythm guitarists

JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
edited October 2008 in Welcome Posts: 1,752

Comments

• AdelaarvarenAdelaarvaren Ballard, WA, USANew
    Call me crazy, but I just don't feel threatened...

:P
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    i need something like that for busking, if anyone knows of one. preferably battery powered and smaller.
    thanks,
    a
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • BonesBones Moderator
    I bet it can't play an D7b9 chord!
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Man, ya just gotta admire intense curmudgeon-esque behavior like that. Because, well you know... I'm just sayin... MOST guys who reach the unfortunate conclusion that they lack the chops to keep a good rhythm player around would schlep their backsides down to Walmart, pick up a boombox, and play to backing tracks while spending a couple hours per night practicing to get good enough to attract and keep a good rhythm player.

But... I guess another way to solve that problem is to spend a thousand dollars and two years designing and building a 150lb pedal operated machine capable of plucking two drone strings and then carrying it to every gig. It's ... well... um... "It is what it is."

;)
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    i play with a boombox, but the cops don''t like it..
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • richdaiglerichdaigle SLC,UT✭✭✭✭
    A lap top with band in a box, would also get the job done...but he doesn't look like he's connected to the information super highway...huge points for creativity though!