DjangoBooks.com

Live concert wawau videos

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
edited May 2009 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 2,159
i'm flooding this board with wawau videos, but i hope you enjoy them!

despite the hyperhipmedia link, these videos are not from the dvd, we just took advantage of the filming crew while they were in town to shoot a few a songs at the venue

Comments

• AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
    Good Lord.

That's called "leaving it on the floor."
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Dennis could you please tell us something about the Eimers Antique model, did you try it? To my ears it does actually sound more "vintage" than the Stochelo model, maybe that finish actually works!
    Thanks
    Franco
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    ya it actually does work! ajl has made a guitar like that as well that was on display at samois, it was sold on the second day.. i'm having AJ build me one like that
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    Dennis could you please tell us something about the Eimers Antique model, did you try it? To my ears it does actually sound more "vintage" than the Stochelo model, maybe that finish actually works!

I've played Wawau's guitar before (a few minutes before he bought it) and I have to say its the most awesome gypsy guitar I have ever played. It has no finish on it at all and so its really lound and tin-can sounding. Everyone has their favorite guitar in the world and that one is mine. He is lucky I didn't buy it before he did, but I didn't have the money anyways. :-(
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    He stole it? :wink:
  • AdelaarvarenAdelaarvaren Ballard, WA, USANew
    Ando wrote:
    Good Lord.

My sentiments verbatim :!:

Er ist unglaublich..

Bravo gentlemen!

Thanks for the vids, it sure made my afternoon brighter :)
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    frater wrote:
    Thanks
    Franco

Wawau loves this particular Eimers. It's very balanced from string to string in terms of volume and body to the note. It gets louder the higher Wawau goes up the neck.

At times, with my back to the guitar, it really sounded like Django's recorded guitar. Wawau would sometimes smile and say "it sounds like Django's guitar!".

Leo really made a winner with this one.

cheers
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    Wawau also uses Martin Folk Silk & Steel strings! He says they're the best.
  • richdaiglerichdaigle SLC,UT✭✭✭✭
    Wawau wow...or is it Wawau va voom!? Great vids Denis! love the violin player, great ideas etc...the starship space reverb is a tad heavy in the mix on him for me but he brings some great fresh stuff...I also love how Wawau can turn on or off the bebop thang and go straight up gypsy style...truly a monster!