DjangoBooks.com

Stochelo Rosenberg in the east coast!

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
edited December 2008 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 2,161
The gigs are in montreal canada

i will be playing 2 gigs with stochelo gigs on march 6th and 7th 2009. This will be stochelo's first appearance in montreal in 18 years!!

The gig is at the biggest jazz club in town
www.upstairsjazz.com

the price is going to be very reasonable for such a big superstar so make your reservations ASAP

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

and if that wasn't enough:

we will be making not one but TWO instructional DVDs.

As the producer of these DVDs, i will not make these dvds fanboy dvds by just exploiting stochelo's name... I will make sure to get the most from him the way I did with wawau!! I promise to make these really good DVDs, superstar or not!

Comments

• simplygoodmusicsimplygoodmusic Rome, ItalyNew
    That is GREAT news about the DVDs, Dennis. Best of luck in the production, and keep us updated.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    thanks! i just wanted to mention that i got word that the place is starting to get calls for reservations, so if you guys want to check out the concert, be sure to reserve ASAP!!
  • SimoniusSimonius New
    cool.. i can't make it from holland (ah well, stochelo plays here 5 times a week).. good luck with the gig then.. a stochelo dvd will be AMAZING.. i can't wait. all the teaching i've heard stochelo do is pretty much the chords to minor swing.. :lol: an insight in how he goes about improvising would be interesting.. seeing as he doesn't think in terms of traditional music theory or something.. well i'm looking forward to it!
    simon
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Dennis-
    NYC??
    B.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i'll be in NYC in feb ben my main man!

anyway, i just heard from the club owner that both gigs are almost sold out (80%). This is a record for the jazz club!!! almost sold out 4 months before the gig!!!!

so if anyone was planning on just showing up without reservations, i'd advise against that...

when i played with andreas, there was a 2 hour lineup outside the club.. no kidding
  • davemusicdavemusic New
    In NYC in February??
    Where? When in February?? :P